Upgrading a kitchen can be costly as well as time consuming. If you don't have the time or want to go to the expense of a total make-over try these 6 tips to give your kitchen a fresh new look:
1. Put up an open plate rack for a touch of cottage charm. This can help free up more cabinet space.
2. Coat a wall with chalkboard paint. Frame out the edges. This creates an easy spot for the grocery list, to-dos, etc. This also works great for a walk-in pantry. As an added bonus, it gives a spot for little ones' creativity when you need to keep them occupied while finishing up a meal.
3. Turn a piece of furniture into a center isle. A sideboard, bureau or desk works great. Top with butcher block. Extending the butcher block 12 inches past an edge can create a breakfast bar. Don't worry if it doesn't match the existing cabinetry, mixing styles and colors is very popular.
4. Swap out plain cabinet knobs - go for pizzazz!
5. Install a pull down faucet and replace the existing sprayer with an under-counter mounted soap dispenser.
6. Hang a pendant light over the kitchen sink to transform a workstation into a focal point.
Have fun and get creative this summer! Send your before and after photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll post them on our site.