Friday, February 6, 2009

Not Your Ordinary Agent!

I'm different. I'll admit it. Yeah, I'm your agent and I do things a little differently. I think I owe it to you. It's all a part of who I am. I'm not going to candy coat things for you, I'm not going to pressure you. I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'm going to give you information and let you make the decision. After all, you are the one who will have to live with it.

Sellers. I'd love to have your listing. If you want to sell. If you don't, then don't call me. If you're out there, looking to make a profit on the home you bought 3 years ago, don't call me. If you feel that your home is worth $10,000 more that the house down the street, just like yours, that was totally updated before putting it on the market because you have that little mudroom on the back that "really could make into a 4th bedroom if they need it and that other house only has three," don't call me. If you'd rather give a 'carpet allowance' then take the time to put it in and repaint, don't call me. I don't need that kind of business.

In today's market, Sellers have to understand the whole picture. They have to understand that the competition out there is tough. They have to understand the importance of pricing correctly, from the start. Selllers have to understand that homes need to be move in ready or discounted in price if not. They need to know what their true competition is. They have to know what buyers want.

Sellers need to understand that percieved objections greatly affect the price a buyer is willing to pay. If buyers think it will be an issue, it will and they won't make an offer. Too many times I've heard, "If just takes a little time to get used to the trains going by." If you really want to sell, you have to consider things like that.

Buyers are looking for a bargain. They are looking for a deal. As a Seller, you have to make them understand that they are getting one. Together, we will do so.

No comments: