Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Recharge and Sell!! a.k.a. Our Indiana Landscape


It's Tuesday!! It's a great Tuesday!!! Okay you say, what's so special about Tuesday? Well, okay, not just a Tuesday but THE Tuesday. Tuesday after the Monday that was Memorial Day! To me, it's a great day!


As I look out the window, all I can see are clouds, the forecast calls for rain and thunderstorms after a dreary day yesterday but I'm rejuvenated and energized! I'm ready to go! I'm ready to have a great week working hard for my clients, setting showings, talking to builders, working on pending offers, helping track down the rightful owner of a property, buying, selling, helping solve all the real estate problems of the world! Okay, that may be a stretch, but I'm enthused to start a new week and end the month on a good note. Why all the energy for someone who typically hates a "Monday" morning like the best of them? I spent a fantastic weekend communing with nature at one of the best known secrets in Indiana and I'm ready to go!


Years ago, the Indiana tourism bureau had a campaign titled "Wander Indiana." I"m not exactly sure how many years that was the slogan and why it was changed but I loved it! I thought it was a great and that was what my family did. With two small children, I decided that this was one family that was going to wander Indiana. And so we did!


Each spring and summer, armed with our trusty Wander Indiana guide, we would plan out and execute our adventures around the state, seeing a wide variety of flora and fauna, geologic and man-made wonders of the state. Over the years we explored the state from the white sands of the Dunes to the fossil beds of the Ohio. During which we discovered many wonders that as a life-long resident of the state never even dreamed where here. I always enjoyed the time, it's a great, inexpensive way to see the world and had somewhat gotten away from it. Recently, I rediscoved the passion.


This past weekend I had the pleasure to rediscover a part of Central Indiana that I had forgotten existed. I spent the weekend camping at Lieber State Recreation Area at Cagles Mill Lake near the Putnam/Owen County line. It's a great little park with some hidden treasures. Because of the lake, it mostly brings out the boaters and fisherman, but offers a quiet campground to rest and relax.

Just outside the park, is another state property, Cataract Falls. Located just a few minutes drive from Lieber SRA, at a cascading drop of 86 feet, it is the state's largest waterfall and is truly worth the trip. The falls are magnificent and one could sit for hours watching the water rush and churn as it flows through the limestone creek bed. On the site there once stood a mill and today you can still see the stone foundation and remains of the walls that were built to channel the mighty forces of the water. It's a great place to fish, share a picnic or just relax and enjoy nature.

So you say, what does this blog have to do with real estate? I don't know. Maybe nothing. But maybe making readers more aware of the great wonders this state has to offer makes them a little more proud to be called a Hoosier and will make them a little more proud of their home and neighborhood. If it does nothing except to help connect me with readers through a common bond or allow clients and readers to know more about it, it has served it purpose. I hope you all get out and have a chance to Wander Indiana!

No comments: